Monday, July 9, 2012

Things on which I am an expert:


I am an expert on cheeseburgers.  But not cheeseburgers with ketchup, mustard, or mayonnaise.  I am an expert on procrastinating.  I am an expert on making people wait for things that I can probably do quickly.  I am an expert on worrying.  I an expert on feeling rushed and anxious, on getting worked up and frustrated because I feel overwhelmed with my job.  I am an expert at feeling overwhelmed and then shutting down and letting all my work pile up and make me feel even more under water.

I am an expert at being selfish and not thinking about my girlfriend's feelings as much as I should.  I'm an expert at deeply loving how sincere she is.

I'm an expert at coming up with novel ideas and then completely forgetting them when they are most often needed.

I am an expert at thinking I can come to work early to write and not be interrupted by coworkers.  Or be asked to do work when I am not on the clock.

I am an expert at feeling frustrated with myself.

I am an expert at feeling confident that I just need to break the rust off, and I will be able to write vividly again.

No comments: